Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Article on Children from China Seeking Their Roots

We wanted to pass on this article about Chinese adoption and children returning to their homeland in case you haven't read it yet. We agree with the author that the vast majority of children in China's orphanages now have some sort of medical need. In fact, it has been reported that 4 of every 5 babies now abandoned has a medical condition.

I hear again and again from people that China is no longer a country to consider for international adoption. That couldn't be farther from the truth! The waiting child program is still a wonderful way to form a family. Most adoptions can be completed within a year, and so many INCREDIBLE children are waiting right this moment for a loving home....children just like my own son....who brings me more joy than I could ever imagine. For more information on waiting child adoption, watch our video here.

Amy

1 comment:

  1. Thank you, Amy...thank you for disagreeing with those who say that China is no longer a country to consider for Internat'l Adoption...that couldn't be further from the truth. Each and every one of the children waiting with a SN deserves a family, as well. I wish I could just shake people and get them to wake up and take a look...they might be surprised at what they see. Oh my goodness!...seriously, I can't imagine where I'd be right now if I hadn't opened my heart and mind to the SN program... what I do know, is that I wouldn't be waiting to travel to bring our precious daughter home, because she was also born with a SN and she is every bit as perfect to me as if she had been born 'so-called' normal. God has a way of preparing our hearts and opening up doors if we only choose to peek inside and take a look!! So many WONDERFUL kiddos waiting for a family of their own! <><

    Blessings,
    ~Tanya

    ReplyDelete