Monday, December 14, 2009

Chance Encounters - What Are Yours?

I found this wonderful new blog, One World: Chinese Adoptee Links Blog, a compilation of Chinese adoptees blogs through one of my favorite blogs, Adoption Talk. This new blog is being written by Chinese adoptees around the world. This is their welcome at the top of the blog:

Welcome to ONE WORLD: Chinese Adoptee Links (CAL) Blog! Founded by a
group of seven, Erin, Jazz, Jeannette, Jennifer Bao Yu Jue-Steuck, Julia, Mei-Mei, and Sabrina span 3 continents and represent 5 generations of Chinese adoptees. This is a compilation of stories and articles from around the world, reflecting the diverse experiences of those adopted from China, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Singapore, Macau, Malaysia and from around the globe. If you'd like to contribute, please email the webmaster at eclairerin@gmail.com. Visit CAL online at: http://www.chineseadopteelinks.org/

Thank you!


As I read through the blogs, I couldn’t help but think of my girls at these older ages, participating in a blog like this. What would their words say?


One of the blogs really made an impact on me – “Chance Encounters (Part Deux)” . In this blog posting by Jennifer Bao Yu Jue-Steuck, she writes about “8 Chance Encounters That Have Changed My Life”. I couldn’t help but see these events through the eyes of my daughters. Her #4, meeting another adoptee in class while she is in college, or #5 sitting next to a mom and her Chinese adopted daughter in a subway, and then #7 meeting “fellow peer-aged ADULT Chinese adoptees”.


I love how she ended this blog post – What chance encounters have changed your life? What a wonderful blog and definitely one that I will be introducing my girls to.


When you read this, what thoughts come to your mind as you envision your children as adults?


Karen Maunu

No comments:

Post a Comment